Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Philosophy of Photography: What Makes a Good Picture

There are many qualities that make a good picture. There is the obvious that anyone could identify: It was to be clear. But good photography is much more than getting a clear picture. You have to have an artistic eye and be able to incorporate many things to get the message through that you are trying to make. Things like using creative angles, rule of thirds, framing, leading lines, and fill the frame make your photograph more interesting and better.When I was deciding what to take pictures of, I usually just looked around me for pretty or interesting textures. Or I used my sister, because she didn't really pose for her pictures. I just took them as she was playing and it made them more natural and fun to look at.

Photography will be a big part of my life in the future. It always has been, but now that I've taken this class I understand how to use a camera better and how to use different styles of taking pictures. I could definitely get better at taking pictures though. I could work on taking time to look for more creative shots though. But I love taking pictures of my family and friends and working with Photoshop, so I will continue with that. Basically, I enjoyed this class and I'm glad I took it. I learned a lot and will use my knowledge for situations in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Well said Bre! You took some wonderful pictures this semester. I look forward to having you on the newspaper staff next semester. :)
    Mrs Scott

    ReplyDelete